Lyme disease is a potentially deadly bacteria called Borrelia Burgdorferi which is transmitted to humans by a tick bite. Once in our systems, the bacteria can affect the whole body. If treated early enough, Lyme disease can sometimes be cured with a 3 - 12 weeks course of antibiotics, however, if left undiagnosed (as I was for 14 years) or untreated there is NO CURE and very little treatment available. Untreated or undiagnosed Lyme is known as Chronic Lyme disease or Late Stage Lyme disease.
CHRONIC LYME DISEASE OR LATE STAGE LYME DISEASE CANNOT BE CURED WITH A COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS, IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT. THE BACTERIA HAVE NOW TAKEN UP RESIDENCE WITHIN CELLS, TISSUES AND ORGANS WHERE THE ANTIBIOTICS CANNOT REACH!!!
I have been a chronic Lyme sufferer now since 2001. People like me usually become their own guinea pigs and/or seek private medical help/treatment (often abroad), as unfortunately there is NO TREATMENT what-so-ever available on the NHS for Chronic Lyme disease. Life can be unbareable living with the condition and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Ticks also carry other nasty infections known as co-infections such as Babesia, Bartonella, Anaplasma, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, Q Fever, Rickettsia and Mycoplasma.
Unfortunately, here in the UK at the moment we do not have a reliable testing system for Lyme disease, therefore, diagnosis should really be based on symptoms and of course if a bulls-eye rash appeares then this is proof in itself! Most U.K. doctors are not trained in any way with regards to Lyme disease at this moment! NOT GOOD!
Lyme disease bacteria drill through tissue, cells and organs. They are corkscrew in shape and known as spirochetes.
Contrary to popular belief, Lyme disease is very common, it's just also very common for it to be mis-diagnosed. Could you be living with it?????